Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
2018 Internship - Internal & External Communications
Retail Business Services
Full/Part Time Status
2110 Executive Drive
• In this internship role, the individual will be responsible for supporting the Retail Business Services communications team to gain exposure to all aspects of a corporate communications environment. The internship position will gain exposure to internal communications, media relations, writing for associate communications and the press, social media in addition to specific project assignments. In addition, during the internship period, the intern will research best practices for associate communications and storytelling, and make recommendations for Retail Business Services for implementation. Additional projects may be assigned, as needed.
Internship positions are available for a broad range of challenging assignments. Take this opportunity to learn the inside of the complex supermarket industry while you develop the leadership skills and business knowledge you need to enhance your career. The paid internship experience is an opportunity to work on real projects that are meaningful and hands-on. Come work in a team environment designed to promote and reward individuality, innovation, leadership, and strong business results.
HEADQUARTERS Salisbury, North Carolina
INTERNSHIP KEY DATES:
• Posting process – November 16, 2017 – December 31, 2017
• Selection process – January/February 2018
• Program dates - approximately May 21, 2018 - Aug. 10, 2018
• Public Relations or Communications, with a specific interest in corporate PR.
• Strong organization skills and ability to effectively manage projects during a short-timeframe.
• Excellent writing skills, including experience with blog and other social media writing.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with teams across multiple functions.
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; minimum GPA 3.0 is required (transcripts will be requested)
• Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated leadership abilities such as assertiveness and willingness to take calculated risks
• Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and strive for results
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with solid interpersonal skills
• Team-oriented thinking
• Strong project management skills
• Permanent employment authorization/U.S. citizenship
• All majors encouraged to apply; (Operations, Supply, Logistics Management, Industrial Engineering and Business majors are preferred for Distribution positions).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (FOR SOME POSITIONS)
• Ability to use computers and other technical systems required to perform job functions
• Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and up to 60 lb. occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lb. regularly
• Meet established volume and fixed activity standards
• Stand or walk 100% of the time
• Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level
• Frequent bending
• Ability to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packing materials and food products
Copyright © 2018 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions