Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
Kitchen Manager - Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
21A Essex Way
Position Title: Kitchen Manager
Manage the Kitchen Department operations and meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage performance of all duties and responsibilities of Kitchen associates.
• Hire, train and develop associates to meet the department needs.
• Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
• Develop product knowledge in all areas of the department.
• Have total understanding of the department’s standard practices.
• Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
• Understand the causes and means for resolving and limiting shrink.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as outlined.
• Attain departmental financial objectives.
• Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
• Understand and use company tools such as; MPP, financial reports, scheduling, ordering and business information systems.
• Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
• Ensure operational and merchandising standard practices are followed to maximize profitability, paying special attention to priority categories.
• Ensure the maintenance of the department’s appearance and presentation
• Coach associates to maximize performance and promote a positive work environment and a selling culture.
• Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
• Conduct performance appraisals on all department associates according to company standards.
• Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
• Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
• Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Deli, restaurant or food service experience helpful but not required.
• Kitchen Department experience preferred.
• Ability to lead and manage a team.
• Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred.
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Ability to use technical information to solve problems. Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
• Stand and walk 100% of the time.
• Lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
• Reach to shoulder lifting 20 lbs. frequently and overhead occasionally.
• Push/pull 3-15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
• Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting items at or above waist level.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
• Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use various tools to open and prepare products.
• Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
Copyright © 2018 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions