Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
Assistant Kitchen Manager - Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
21A Essex Way
Job Title: Assistant Kitchen Manager
Assist in the management of the Kitchen department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In the absence of the department manager, manage the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
• Perform Kitchen department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
• Develop product knowledge in all areas of the department.
• Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
• Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
• Assist in hiring, training and developing associates to meet the department needs.
• Assist in managing performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.
• Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
• Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity. Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
• Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
• Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
• Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
• Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
• Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
• Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
• Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Deli, restaurant or food service experience helpful but not required.
• Ability to lead and manage a team.
• Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred.
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
• Stand and walk 100% of the time.
• Lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
• Reach to shoulder lifting 20 lbs. frequently and overhead occasionally.
• Push/pull 3-15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
• Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting items at or above waist level.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
• Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use various tools to open and prepare products.
• Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
Copyright © 2018 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions