Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
Specialist I Quality Assurance - Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services
Full/Part Time Status
8301 Professional Place Suite 115
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN'S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, as well as the country’s largest online grocery retailer, Peapod. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com.
Position Title: Specialist I Quality Assurance
Position Location: Hanover, MD
The primary purpose of this position is to assure that only fresh wholesome products which meet our food safety & quality standards are received into the fulfillment center, maintained through storage and preparation, and supporting our mission to provide our customers with wholesome, fresh and high-quality products. This will be achieved through visual product safety and quality inspections of perishable food products delivered to Brand Operated E-Commerce Fulfillment Centers. In addition this position will work closely with the Brand Operations to manage, coordinate and/or liaison on various food safety, product quality and customer service programs to include: Food Safety Training; Food Safety & Health Department Audits (internal/external) and related Corrective Action Plans; State and Federal Regulatory Compliance; Product Recall Execution; Facility Sanitation, GMP & Cleaning Chemical Programs; Customer Complaints; Cold-Chain Testing; New Delivery Initiatives/Strategies; Environmental Testing/Monitoring Program; GFSI Certification and related Document Control.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain knowledge of procurement specifications (USDA), applicable federal/state/local food safety regulations (Food Safety Modernization Act, Seafood HACCP, Food Code, Weights & Measures, etc.).
• This position requires the ability to conduct root-cause analysis on problems relating to areas of responsibility, collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and make sound decisions daily.
• Perform hands-on and detailed inspections of inbound deliveries of multiple commodities delivered to ensure compliance with food safety and quality specifications (e.g., product condition, wholesomeness, package integrity, temperature, expiration or pack dates, proper counts, weights, and sizes.
• Perform visual inspection and determine acceptance for fresh produce focused on achieving minimum product specifications; includes determining percentages for quality and condition standards, size, color, and eating quality. Provides direction and recommendations for category consideration pertaining to accepting product.
• Conduct daily surveillance of perishable inventory for code date and aged inventory within storage coolers to assess product is rotated correctly and is being handled to maintain freshness for the Customer. Initiate corrective actions and follow-up as necessary with business areas.
• Conduct daily preventative controls monitoring records/checklists for effective monitoring of critical control points, preventative controls and prerequisite programs. Properly report findings and initiate corrective actions as required.
• Monitor and investigate Customer complaints of poor quality. Initiate immediate corrective actions, identify root cause(s) and report to fulfillment center operations team (FCOT)and commodity teams as appropriate.
• Assist FCOT with Customer Complaint investigation and resolution.
• Coordinate and conduct Food Safety Training (Certified Food Protection Manager; Food Handlers; Deli & Produce, perishable quality standards); Annual and New Hire.
• Facilitate quarterly internal and third party (NSF) Food Safety Audits. Coordinate corrective action plans with FCOT.
• Lead and serve as liaison with Regulatory/Health Inspections and coordinate corrective action plans with Ops Team.
• Work with Inventory Control and FCOT on execution and verification of Product Recalls.
• Oversee Master Sanitation Schedule and FCOT on training and execution of cleaning/sanitizing tasks.
• Manage the internal Cleaning Chemical Program and equipment or facility Environmental Monitoring Program.
• Oversee and assist FCOT with execution of cold chain operations. Assist with development of new cold chain strategies/initiatives (one-way delivery; unattended delivery; same day delivery). Conduct daily tote cold chain inspections.
• Complete daily/weekly quality control and GMP checks throughout the fulfillment center. Communicate opportunities for improvement and solutions to FCOT. Work with FCOT on QA KPIs.
• Develop strategy and work with FCOT on GFSI certification.
• High school diploma/equivalent
• Self-motivated and able to function with minimal supervision, yet lead within a team environment. Direct manager located in separate location.
• Three to five years with proven leadership experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Familiar with Federal , State and Local regulatory requirements
• Must be available to work rotating schedule, including nights and weekends
• Ability to complete Food Protection Manager Certification and proctor recognition, FDA Seafood HACCP Certification, FDA Preventative Controls lead, Sanitary Transportation of Foods and Food Defense along with other state and local regulatory functions.
• College degree preferred in food science, public health or environmental health.
• Three to five years as produce manager, produce distribution or equivalent produce experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven leader with ability to influence others
• Capable of making decisions in the moment
• Good computer skills including proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to multi-task
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Team player.
• Ability to lift product weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Travel required as needed.
Copyright © 2018 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions